CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 16, 2009

TO HALE AND BACK

My young theater buddy from Las Vegas (and New Harmony), Matthew Prince and I traveled to Salt Lake on Friday, November November 13. There was 3" of snow on our front lawn when we left so I wore my snowboots and heavy winter coat. The roads were clear and dry all the way to Sandy (what a blessing). We went to my sister Laurie's house and I got a much needed haircut. She is my favorite hair dresser.
That evening we decided to attend the Brighton High's production of Hello Dolly! starring Madeline Weinberger, one of my neices' (Leighton) best friends. She was great. Watch out for this girl on the Broadway stage!!
My sister Kay came over to Laurie's house to visit for the afternoon and my other sister Carol came to the production. I was fortunate to spend time with all of my sisters.
Matt and I spent the night at Chris and Julie's house. We were greeted with the glorious fragrance of whole wheat bread in the oven. Wow! What a treat! My sweet daughter in law works all day, then comes home and bakes bread (not to mention she is pregnant). We had fun visiting with Chris and Julie and playing with Carter the next morning. We sooo enjoyed the whole wheat french toast.

Dawna and Matt

On Saturday, after helping my sister Kay with some computer problems (so you didn't know I was a computer genius?) we traveled to Hale Centre Theatre West Valley in a blizzard. The snow was really falling down. I turned on my lights, was careful and we made it!

The show we saw was "Curtains". It was so fun and done very well (as always at Hale)! Check out their website for the information. It runs only through this Saturday. One of the most fun things about the show for me was I knew one of the actors. Nathan Copier played "Chauvelin" for SGMT in the Scarlet Pimpernel that I directed in 2005. He was a DSC student. What a talented young man he is. We enjoyed visiting afterwards. However I had to have a box office gal go get him because the cast no longer comes out to greet afterwards (swine flu precautions).

Well.......... when we went to start our car........it was dead! I forgot to turn off the lights. Matt asked a nearby lady if she had some jumper cables. She was there with her grandson. We both looked like a pair (2 grandmas with grandsons). Anyway no one really knew how to use the cables so I called Don for instructions. The hardest part was actually getting the hoods open.

We headed for Lindon and tacos! It is always so fun to be greeted with hugs and kisses from Brynlee, Kambria and Gavin. Of course they became very shy and reserved when Matt walked in. Gavin really had to size him up with those eyebrows of his.

That evening we met Kay and David (David's birthday) at Hale Theatre Orem for the production of "Little Shop of Horrors". It also was a great show. We didn't like the ending as well as ours because the plant eats them but....... and of course there might have been a few other things we preferred from our SGMT production but it was very good! We have patterned SGMT after Hale theaters because we have the same kind of audience. They have been our mentors. Thank you Hale Theaters for all you have done for the arts!!

Sunday morning I was sweetly awaken by three little stinkers who took my blankie off me! They then gave me a spa treatment..........putting lotion on my arms, hands and feet and fixing my hair in barrets and elastics. (Sorry Laurie but your hair duo is gone!) Aletha took a photo but my camera was outside and I was too lazy to go get it. Oh I forgot about my phone. Oh Well!

We next went to visit Bret, Melissa, Kyson and Myla. That information will be posted next.....or you have already read it.

Thanks to all for making our time with you so fun! Matt remarked yesterday on our way home, "You have an awesome family". He is SO RIGHT!


I have now recorded the fact that I have been to Hale and Back! (And I took a young man with me)! Boy that could be a spicy musical!!!!

Thanks Matt for suggesting the trip and paying for the tickets!! Matt is a very talented seventeen year old. You need to watch out for him also on the Broadway Stage! Thanks for giving "Grandma Kenworthy" a great time.

0 comments: